Cherrymusic is a music streaming server written in python.
We assume the deployment is done in /home/user/music.domain.com
1. Go to the deployment folder and clone the cherrymusic repo
cd /home/user/music.domain.com git clone https://github.com/devsnd/cherrymusic
2. Create and enable the virtualenv
python3 -m venv music_env source music_env/bin/activate
3. Test if the cherrymusic server starts and stop it afterwords
python cherrymusic --setup --port 8080 (ctrl+c)
4. If you executed this commands under another user than the one under which you want to run cherrymusic
(eg: you ran the commands as root but you want to run under the user `user`)
mkdir -p /home/user/.config/cherrymusic cp ~/.config/cherrymusic/cherrymusic.conf /home/user/.config/cherrymusic/
5. Edit cherrymusic.conf from the `user`’s home and set the `basedir` with the path where your music collection is stored.
Continue reading Deploy cherrymusic using Nginx, Supervisord and Virtualenv on Ubuntu